List of active policies
|Academic Integrity Policy||Site policy||Authenticated users|
Nelson Mandela University
Policy for the promotion of academic integrity and prevention of plagiarism - D909/12
I agree not to:
- make use of any other means that could inappropriately help me in my work.
- obtain or try to obtain help or assist any other student in any way with the assessment/assignment unless my lecturer has indicated that this is permitted.
- allow any fellow student to copy or use my work.
- accept assistance, copy or use another student’s assessment/assignment.
- submit work that is not my own.
- undertake to complete the assessment/assignment on behalf of another/other student/s.
- allow another/other student/s to complete the assessment/assignment on my behalf.
- take any screenshots or copies of the assessment/assignment for sharing with fellow students.
- Acknowledge that all the other rules pertaining to tests, assignments and examinations are applicable and that I am aware of the rules contained in the Nelson Mandela University’s General Prospectus, but specifically those regarding plagiarism and dishonesty - General Prospectus rule G1.27: Plagiarism and academic dishonesty - Access the full policy here Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism.
- I understand what plagiarism is and I know that it constitutes unacceptable academic behaviour.
- I declare that the work that I am submitting herewith is my own work. In so far as I have made use of other people’s work, it has been duly acknowledged and properly referenced in accordance with departmental guidelines and prescriptions.
- I have not allowed, and will not allow, anyone to copy my work with the intention of passing it off as their own work.